Which platform is the best between WordPress and Joomla, Drupal - Which discussions about WordPress with Joomla and Drupal, it is necessary to leave personal preferences and experiences behind, and discuss the pros and cons of each platform. Many people will have a subjective opinion simply because they are familiar with WordPress, but not with Drupal or Joomla.
All three are CMS systems with their own strengths and weaknesses. Below is a comparison between WordPress and Joomla and Drupal to decide which is best for the project.
There are many ways to compare these three options, and here we just need to list the advantages and disadvantages of each option, then comment on which CMS system is best for each project type.
Get started with WordPress because it has a very simple and customizable interface, the plugin is available online - for free.
WordPress CMS: Advantages
- Very simple to change themes: thousands of templates available online, and to trade between them.
- The plugin is available for everything you think of and is not difficult to use.
- WordPress is easy to use by developers, website owners and is not restricted to writing articles. Due to coding, themes, and plugins, WordPress websites don't need to be like posts, but are ‘capable of writing’ whenever they are needed.
- The themes are easy to edit and customize, although not all are well coded and are not customized by any professional developers.
- This CMS system has a large following, a huge community of developers who use it, and constantly creates and publishes new themes and plugins to improve its functionality.
WordPress CMS: Cons
- The themes and plugins are designed by both commercial and amateur developers, so there are a lot of bugs. Not only do they look bad, but faulty plugins damage the performance and functionality of the website.
- Many themes will be difficult to customize and not change themes without losing existing content. That's contrary to the way a ‘content management system’ should work.
- This code is not as powerful as Drupal, but better than Joomla! However, given the large community and the very capable developer, WordPress is constantly improving it - Joomla does not seem to be doing so.
- A lot of upgrades are introduced for security updates. Upgrading is not always consistent with the available plugins.
JOOMLA / MAMBO
In comparing WordPress with Joomla and Drupal, WordPress is easier than Drupal or Joomla. You also get better forum support with WordPress. However, Joomla has its own advantages such as security, which will be discussed later. Joomla is a branch of Mambo CMS, founded in 2005 by Mambo, who decided to create their own CMS system. Because Joomla will do what Mambo does and more, we will focus on Joomla here.
See more :How to create an event registration website with WordPress
Joomla CMS: Advantages
- If you prefer static pages for a website presentation, then Joomla will grade on WordPress. It is used for writing articles, but is not the main purpose.
- Its menu system is very good and easy to use and modify.
- Joomla has great community and integrated member functions.
Joomla CMS: Disadvantages
- It is very difficult to get a Joomla site unlike a website: it is difficult to theme by interest and most plugins will be very expensive.
- Core encryption is not elegant and not easy to modify when something goes wrong. Even just posting an article on the website needs a little manipulation because the interface is not like WYSIWYG like WordPress has - Drupal is very complicated, but not as much as Joomla.
- Website performance is not as smooth as WordPress or Drupal, but the system is being developed continuously so hopefully this problem will be solved.
- The functions are not as powerful as WordPress and are preferred for the main users who will write.
- Joomla is ranked below WordPress for applications, but it is better in terms of security (not as good as Drupal!) Developers do not want to use Joomla unless the current architecture is based on this CMS system.
Drupal is considered Rolls Royce of popular CMS software, it is not perfect and not as easy as WordPress. While WordPress is practically a turnkey, Drupal needs knowledge. It shines on Joomla and WordPress in terms of the width of the application and the purity of the coding.
Drupal CMS: Advantages
- The main positive aspect of Drupal is the extremely clean code. It is cleaner for developers than Joomla.
- Other available developers choose to code their applications, the best developers use Drupal instead of Joomla or WordPress.
- Since Drupal 7, CMS has been very suitable for users and not just for coding professionals. The introduction of modules such as Views, Web Forms and Dashboards, for end users to create their own websites.
- The CMS system has developers to improve it. When encountering problems with the system, they solve them and tend to share them with others.
Drupal CMS: Cons
- Still not as good as WordPress, although future developments will improve this aspect of Drupal.
- It has fewer developers than WordPress, with a higher cost to choose that service.
- The plugin for Drupal is ‘plug in and go’ and modifications have to be done manually - this CMS is not for the average person who wants to create websites with themes and plugins.
Security aspects: WordPress Vs Joomla Security
WordPress is famous for its lack of security compared to Joomla. When choosing between Joomla and WordPress for security, use Joomla even though it is a worse CMS. Because WordPress is used a lot and it is currently considered quite easy to hack.
Not only that, when developing, there are many new security weaknesses found in WordPress rather than in Joomla. In addition, people choose proprietary themes, plugins, and 'home and made', which are infectious and easily hacked. Drupal is one of the safest CMS systems on the market (the White House uses it), but between Joomla and WordPress, Joomla wins - just because of its lack of popularity compared to WP.
SEO: WordPress with Joomla SEO
Joomla has poorly integrated SEO and cannot compete with WordPress in this regard. Even WP SEO plugins are better than Joomla. The main SEO plugin for Joomla is very friendly and cannot be changed to fit the website without understanding Joomla coding.
See more :Create a Sales Web
Conclusion: WordPress with Joomla and Drupal
When comparing WordPress with Joomla and Drupal, it should be noted that they are different and do not compare based on interests. WordPress is number 1 because it's easy to use because normal people are using the system to create websites.
Drupal is No. 1 for professional developers looking for a fully functional CMS to design large scale applications of various types and levels. When you don't want to use Drupal and security is your primary concern, you will find Joomla suitable. It needs the developer experience in Joomla and without the help of the Joomla community like you would find with Drupal and WordPress.
Lastly, Drupal heads for larger and more complex CMS projects for businesses, with WordPress best for casual individual users. Joomla is suitable for these two extremes, especially due to its superiority over WP in terms of security.
- Scam ETH uses the image of Elon Musk as a bait on YouTube
- Tải Game Zombie Blitz [By Baltoro Games]
- Bidding guide for running ads on Facebook
- Miễn Phí 1 Năm Bản Quyền Zemana AntiLogger
- How to add an auto scrolling gadget in Blogger