Mailchimp is a support platform for running familiar Email Marketing. For starters, what Mailchimp is, however, is still a question that needs to be answered. GOBRANDING will help you understand Mailchimp. As well as detailed user manual to avoid lockout without knowing the cause.
1. What is Mailchimp?
There are 11 million Mailchimp users as of 5/2019 and 1 billion emails sent daily! So what is Mailchimp? Why can Mailchimp bring such huge numbers?
Mailchimp is an Email Marketing software that allows you to connect with hundreds, thousands or even millions of customers on your list at the same time via email.
Right on the system of this tool you can perform a series of operations such as: creating and managing new lists; add / edit / delete emails in each contact; simple email template design by drag / drop; compose messages for emails; up campaign; schedule sending; … combined with automated features to execute Email Marketing campaigns.
At the same time, Mailchimp is constantly building other marketing platforms so that professional users can coordinate marketing channels together. Mailchimp drives users to become professional advertisers.
You can immediately start using the free Mailchimp software account with a milestone of 2000 subscribers.
2. Compare Mailchimp with other tools
Besides Mailchimp, there are many other mailing software currently used in the market. A suitable tool will become a powerful arm to assist you in increasing efficiency from Email Marketing. That is why you need to consider “sending” your valuable customer list to any supplier.
A detailed comparison of the top 4 popular email software today will give you an overview of the advantages and disadvantages of each service. From there, you can make decisions that best suit your current needs.
|Services provided||– The system runs email marketing, social media, landing pages, digital ads, postcards, automations campaigns.|
– Analyzing and managing customers with CRM system, customer segmentation, targeting by behavior, lookalike audiences.
– Tools for branding include: content studio, email template.
– Analyze customer insights with reports and analysis, smart orientation suggestions and integrate Mailchimp with other tools such as Facebook, Square, Zapier, Canva, Eventbrite, …
|– Run Email Marketing campaigns, build landing pages, automate marketing, webinars, autoresponder.|
– Autofunnel system.
|– Run email marketing campaigns, email automation, Facebook ads, Instagram ads, Google ads.|
– Expert insight analyzes user behaviors through account campaigns.
– Support email API.
|– Run email marketing, SMS marketing, chat, Facebook ads, marketing automation, landing page campaigns.|
– CRM system, registration form, retargeting.
|Free account||Use the free account with up to 2000 subscribers.||Use for free for the first 30 days.||Free account within 1 month with a limit of 40,000 deposits.||Free account with 300 daily deposits.|
|Service price list||– Essentials package from $ 9.99 / month equivalent to 500 subscribers.|
– Standard package from $ 14.99 / month, equivalent to 500 subscribers.
– Premium package from $ 299 / month corresponding to 500 subscribers.
|– Basic package from $ 15 / month corresponding to 1,000 subscribers.|
– Plus package from 49 $ / month corresponding to 1,000 subscribers.
– Professional package from $ 99 / month corresponding to 1,000 subscribers.
– Enterprise package from $ 1,199 / month corresponding to 1,000 subscribers.
|– Basic 100K package from $ 200 / month with the ability to send up to 100,000 contacts and 300,000 submissions / month. |
– Advanced 100K package from $ 450 / month with the ability to send up to 100,000 contacts and 500,000 submissions / month.
|– Lite package $ 25 with 40,000 submissions / month.|
– Essential pack $ 39 with 60,000 submissions / month.
– Premium package from $ 66 with 120,000 submissions / month.
– Enterprise package with the number of mail sent greater than 350,000 / month.
All plans do not limit the number of subscribers in your account.
|* Note: The number of subscribers increases, the cost of each package will also increase according to the prescribed level.||* Note: The number of contacts and senders increases, the fee will increase according to the prescribed level.|
|Advantages||– If your mailing needs are not too large, you can use Mailchimp for free. |
– Mailchimp does not require bank card information when signing up for an account.
|– Frequently have price promotions for users. |
– Automation system suitable for professional users who want to build an email chain matching customer journey.
– Integrating multiple channels on the same system so you can deploy campaigns comprehensively for multiple channels.
|– Email software allows to use the method of sending via API and using private IP to minimize spam rate.||– The cost of SendinBlue is more reasonable than other mailing software.|
|Defect||– The rate of mail on the Mailchimp ads tab is high, that affects the clickthrough rate.|
– You can hardly find live chat channel of support Mailchimp unless your account is premium account. When using the Email channel to support, on average Mailchimp will respond 1 time / 1 day.
– The bigger the number of subscribers you have, the higher the cost will be.
|– If you are a beginner to run Email Marketing, you may have a lot of difficulties using Getresponse. |
– The account is free to use for the first 30 days only. After that, even though your needs are low, you still have to pay to use Getresponse.
|– If you are using a dedicated IP mailing plan and you want to purchase additional IPs for backup, you need to pay a maintenance fee for these additional IPs. |
– To see the details of sending mail when sending via API, you also need to pay an additional fee of $ 30 / month.
|– If the list you enter into the system has an email marked as a blacklist, you need to remove it manually before continuing to use. |
– System SendinBlue There is no automation feature.
|When should I use this tool?||Mailchimp can meet the extremely large mailing needs of businesses / individuals. However, suitable Mailchimp users should be those who need to use Email Marketing at small and medium scale. Because the higher the number of subscribers in the account, the bigger the budget. Then you need to ensure financial problems.||If you are already a professional advertiser, you should use Getresponse to take full advantage of the great features built into this system.||You can use the API from Sendgrid to build your own mailing system.||If your need is only to send simple Email Marketing templates with reasonable prices, you should use SendinBlue.|
3. Mailchimp and “irony” situations of the user
During the use and interaction on the Mailchimp system, there are many users who accidentally commit in rare cases leading to not knowing how to handle them. Even in the worst case, you will be permanently locked account and your IP will be blacklisted.
GOBRANDING will list some special cases drawn from practical experience. If you have, are or will use Mailchimp software. This will be extremely important information that you need to keep in mind to operate Email Marketing on Mailchimp without interruption.
“Implicit rules” you need to know to avoid being charged when importing the wrong data
Mailchimp's pricing is usually based on the number of subscribers in the system. And in the process of creating these lists, if you accidentally upload a larger set of data, Mailchimp will quickly update your fee to higher. In this case you need to do?
You must use the Undo feature again to load the dataset you just imported. At the same time, suspend all mailing activities on this account for 24 hours so that the fee will remain at the same level. If you only undo and continue to load new data into the right amount to run email immediately, then Mailchimp still records the number of excess mail you have uploaded initially.
Although Mailchimp has never detailed this policy, you will have to spend more money if not handled properly in this case.
Users often locked accounts under the intelligence of Mailchimp
Mailchimp has reached an extremely high level of control over the actions of each IP. If you violate any of these restrictions on your IP, not only will your account be blocked, but that IP is also not allowed to use it to create new accounts. Of course, you also can't think of fake IP or move your browser to foreign countries. With these actions you will undoubtedly be discovered.
To not be locked out of the account and IP not to be blacklisted. You should not do any of the following on your account:
– Using poor quality data set to send mail leads to high bounce rate or spam. For regular free accounts, this indicator is usually limited to less than 5%. If you exceed the allowed threshold, the account will be quickly locked. In case you use a fee account or account with a long time to use and have a certain reputation, it will be accepted if you accidentally cross this milestone. However, you should not repeat that many times.
– Only with the same IP but a series of accounts are created. Mailchimp will immediately mark and lock out any of the accounts created on this IP.
– Absolutely not send spam emails. Spam not only annoys the recipient but also directly affects your brand image. And one thing is for sure, spam emails will not work.
Recipients of bad feedback about you with Mailchimp, you have to explain!
One of the “interesting” Mailchimp privileges for recipients that makes Email Marketing people need to be wary of, is direct feedback with Mailchimp. In addition to the Unsubscribe feature when users no longer want to hear from you, Mailchimp now records direct complaints from your customers.
Upon receiving these comments, Mailchimp will suspend operations for paid accounts and you must make commitments to continue using. To explain, you just need to follow the instructions of Mailchimp. This process can take a lot of time. So you should control the quality of your dataset.
With a free account you cannot appeal when locked out
Although allowing users to create and send free Email Marketing within a limited milestone is considered an advantage of Mailchimp. But some of the rules attached to this free use sometimes cause inconvenience for users. Especially when your account is locked for any reason, you must not explain or appeal. Even in case you are “unjust”.
In particular, there are no warnings for free accounts. This is an immutable principle that all users should adhere to. Therefore, you should find out all instructions and regulations of Mailchimp before using.
4. Basic Mailchimp user guide on the latest interface
How to use Mailchimp is not too difficult. But with many features provided on the system can be confusing for those who do not know about this mailing software. If you are new to Email Marketing, you need to regularly operate on the system to understand how to use it. The following are the most basic steps for you to create and run Email Marketing campaigns on Mailchimp.
How to create a recipient list on Mailchimp
Step 1: Select Audience in the Dashboard interface of Mailchimp or follow the link https://admin.mailchimp.com/audience/.
Step 2: Click the “Import your contacts” button and then choose one of the following three ways to upload data:
– Upload files in .csv or .txt format.
– Copy and paste data from .xls and .xlsx files.
– Connect data from a number of systems such as Google Contacts, Salesforce, Zendesk, …
Step 3: Click “Continue” to enter the data as required then select “Continue To Match” to move to the next screen.
Step 4: On the Organize your imported contacts screen, you need to categorize your data with subscribed, unsubscribed, non-subscribed and cleaned groups. Then click “Continue to Review” and “Import” to finish the process of loading data into the system.
Design template on Mailchimp like?
GOBRANDING will show you how to design a template to send mail by Mailchimp. A professionally designed email template not only helps increase conversions from customers, but it is also a way for you to build your brand image and brand identity.
Step 1: To access the mail template creation screen, on the main Mailchimp screen select Brand => Templates => Create Template.
Step 2: Select Layout or available Themes to start adjusting content. If you are good at coding you can also design your own email template.
Step 3: Drag and drop directly on the design screen with a variety of functions such as inserting images, inserting email content, formatting, inserting call-to-action buttons, etc.
Step 4: After finishing you select “Save and Exit” to save the form.
Create a simple Mailchimp campaign with 6 steps
Step 1: Go to Campaign screen, select “Create Campaign” and click on the email form. Then you name the campaign.
Step 2: Select the list to send.
With the lists that have been uploaded to Mailchimp software as instructed above, when setting up recipients for the campaign, you can select the desired list by selecting “Add recipients”.
Step 3: Enter the sender information including the name and email address used to send.
Note, for the sender name you should use the name of the product or brand name (less than 4 words) will help increase the trust of the recipient.
Step 4: Enter a title and short description for the email.
The number of characters is limited to the title and the short description is 150 characters. Therefore, you need to make sure that the main element that needs to be conveyed through these content is highlighted.
Step 5: Choose an email template. If you already have pre-created email templates, just select the existing template or you can design the template directly right here.
To select an existing template, choose the link “Edit design” => “Saved templates” => Select the saved template => “Next”. Next you can adjust the content and then click “Save & Close”.
If you don't already have a template, follow the instructions above to design the email template you want.
Step 6: Schedule a campaign with a “Schedule” feature or send now.
GOBRANDING has helped you understand what Mailchimp is. You can now start using Mailchimp to implement Email Marketing campaigns to reach potential customers. You need to follow the instructions for using Mailchimp and regulations so as not to be suddenly locked out of your account.
Email Marketing in period 4.0 helps to increase the website's internal strength drastically, supporting maximum SEO.
What is social media? The power of Social Media brings Marketing Online
5 advantages when choosing a Marketing Online company to specialize in services
- Tạo khung Like Fan Page Facebook (trang FB) vào Blogspot, Website
- The analyst predicts that Bitcoin will increase by 700% from the current price
- How to SEO keyword to the top of Google in 5 months?
- South Korea officially legalized cryptocurrencies after the National Assembly passed a new law
- Instructions on how to play Minecraft for newbies