What is Internet protocol (tcp / ip)?
TCP / IP, or Transmission Control Protocol / Internet Protocol, is a set of interfaces awake Communication is used to connect the Internet equipment on the internet. TCP / IP can also be used as a communication protocol in a private network ( intranet ).
The entire internet protocol – a set of rules and procedures – is often referred to as TCP / IP, although other suites are included in the suite. .
TCP / IP specifies how to exchange data over the internet by providing end-to-end communications that determine how to divide into packets, addresses, transmissions, routing and receiving at the destination. TCP / IP requires minimal central management and it is designed to make networks reliable, with automatic recovery from any device on the network.
Two main protocols in the internet protocol suite serve specific functions. TCP Defines how applications can create communication channels over the network. It also manages how a message is aggregated into messages package are smaller than before they are transmitted over the internet and are aggregated in the correct order at the destination address.
IP determine how to handle and Routing Each package to make sure it gets to the right destination. Every computer gate Check this IP address to determine where to forward the message.
History of TCP / IP
Advanced Defense Research Project Agency ( DARPA ), a research division of the US Department of Defense, created the TCP / IP model in the 1970s for use in ARPANET, a wide area network that predates the internet. TCP / IP was originally designed for the operating system Unix and it was integrated into all later operating systems.
The TCP / IP model and its related protocols are available Internet technical task force maintain .
How TCP / IP works
TCP / IP uses a client / server communication model in which users or machines (clients) are provided services (such as sending web pages) by another computer (server) in the network.
In general, the TCP / IP protocol suite is classified as stateless, which means that each client request is considered new because it is not related to previous requests. Stateless frees up network links so they can be used continuously.
However, the transport layer transmits a single message and its connection remains the same until all the packets in the message have been received and reassembled at the destination.
TCP / IP model classes
- Application layer Provides applications with standardized data exchange. Its protocols include Hypertext Transfer Protocol ( HTTP ), File transfer protocol (FTP), Postal protocol 3 ( POP3 ), Simple mail transfer protocol ( SMTP ) and Simple Network Management Protocol ( SNMP ).
- Shipping class is responsible for maintaining end-to-end communications throughout the network. TCP handles communication between servers and provides flow control, multiplexing and reliability. Transmission protocols include TCP and User Packet Protocol ( UDP ), sometimes used instead of TCP for special purposes.
- Network layer , also known as the internet layer, process packets and connect independent networks to transport packets across network boundaries. Network layer protocols are IP and Internet Message Control Protocol ( ICMP ), used to report errors.
- Physical class includes protocols that work only on a link – a network component that connects nodes or servers within the network. The protocols in this class include Ethernet for local area network (LAN) and Address Resolution Protocol ( ARP ).
Advantages of TCP / IP
The application uses tcp / ip protocol
- What is WordPress? Introduction to WordPress Website Builder
- Vähittäiskauppiaan v2.4.7 – Responsive WordPress Theme
- How to install Clamav Centos 7
- The Bitcoin price lost $ 300 in seconds when the “slight dip” filled the CME futures gap
- Image SEO – Optimize seo images on search engine friendly wordpress – HOSTVN Blog