Should You Invest in Advanced Domain Names? – This is a question that every business is very interested. Especially for small businesses and start-ups must think whether it is worth spending a quarter of their budget on a premium domain name. The answer to that question is rarely a simple answer, because it depends on what type of business, along with many other aspects.
A domain name is very important, because you cannot run a website without it. It will be the name of your website, your email address and will play an important role in your marketing strategy after you buy it.
In this article, we will look at all you need to know about premium domain names and help you decide whether you should buy a premium name for your business or not.
Why is a domain name considered high?
The process of finding a domain name is not easy. When you think of a particularly good name and look for it but find that it has been used by others or its price is too high. However, these domain names are nothing special. It was so familiar and nothing stood out. Its mediocrity is what makes it so valuable.
There are many reasons why a domain name simply becomes a premium domain name, but it is quite clear why one domain name can cost more than another domain name. Unsurprisingly, Cooking.com will cost much more than Makingfood-notsogoodhosting.biz. This shows the trend quite clearly, that the more comprehensive a domain name is, the more likely it is to cost.
A more comprehensive domain name will help your site get a lot more traction, which will prove to be one of your best investments if you have chosen the domain name wisely. This is why a domain name becomes a premium domain.
Exact definition of a domain name
The price of a domain name will assume it is a premium name. Usually a premium domain name is a domain name that has been registered by an individual. Its cost is exponentially higher than a regular domain name and can cost anywhere from a few hundred dollars to tens of thousands. This is due to the perceived value it can have for a company in a particular industry.
A domain name is considered high-end because of its length, brand and keywords. All of this is valuable for a business that wants to open an online branch.
Not every premium domain price is set by an individual. Sometimes registers (like .info or .design) set prices for it. But that won't change much when it comes to your purchasing process.
Potential issues with non-comprehensive domains
There are several problems that a business may encounter if they do not choose the best domain name possible. Here are the main difficulties:
- It can confuse customers. If a company or an individual chooses the wrong domain extension, there will be many customers who misjudge your brand. Some people may think that the service has stopped working or even doesn't exist, simply because they went to Domain.com instead of Domain.co.
- Trust and branding. In many cases, owning a .com domain name is a way to show that a business is reliable. A lot of experts say that always go with .com, but there are also many other alternatives, such as .org, .co, etc.
- Development potential. Many companies thrive after buying a premium domain name for around $ 500,000, especially if it suits their company name.
See more: Build a Website with WordPress
What does a premium domain name do for your website?
Here are some reasons as follows:
- You will have to spend less money on PPC ads online and you will get more natural traffic on your website after you launch it.
- Better SEO and page rank, will help you get more quality traffic. People have searched your site and will be glad to find it.
- Having more trust and authority in relation to a premium domain name, this will make reputable companies link to your site. Hence further promoting your SEO.
- A short, compelling name works really well on social media and people will remember it a lot easier. While URL shortening tools will only turn your domain name into a list of meaningless characters.
- The domain name will give potential customers a strong suggestion about what they will find on your website, so you don't have to invest time and money to explain them.
In short, there are many reasons to make a premium domain name a popular choice with many people and you will have to spend less money advertising it.
Is it worth buying a premium domain name when you first start?
The answer to this question depends on your intention with the domain name. If you are doing an online business then the premium domain name definitely has something worth considering. But small business owners and startups should not start with a premium domain name. A business can certainly succeed with an less than ideal domain name if it is attractive enough. If the domain name you are considering suits your brand, that's all you need. It can work well even if it doesn't match your company name.
Even if you can't have a .com extension, you can still use .co or more. As long as you don't have your company started up and running smoothly, you shouldn't invest heavily in your domain name. But once you have achieved great success, you should have a premium domain name.
How to buy a premium domain name?
The process of buying a premium domain is similar to buying a regular domain name. It goes like this:
- Create an account at domain registrar or login.
- Search for a domain name
- Add it to your cart.
- Fill out the form with your contact information.
- Payment procedures.
It's usually that simple, but some services will require you to fill in more papers.
What if a domain name is not sold?
If it's not for sale, that means the owner is not actively looking for a buyer, but you can still contact him. You can write him an email and ask him about the price. Just be aware that they will usually give you a price much higher than the average price.
See more: Create Web
If your business is on the rise and generating good revenue, it's really worth investing in a premium domain name and taking everything to the next level. You get more organic traffic and become more popular, thanks to a comprehensive domain name. But if you're just starting out, it's best to use your creativity to come up with a unique domain name that fits your brand. Just spending $ 10 to $ 50 dollars on it won't matter much.
We hope that we helped you learn something new about domain names in this article, and we'll see you in the next section! Until then, please see GoDaddy's premium domain database.