This article assumes that you joined a meeting, called using the Zoom app for Android or iOS. But you can’t hear the sound from the other person or talk but the other person can’t hear.
Try these troubleshooting steps if you experience microphone or speaker issues after joining a meeting on the Zoom app.
Can’t hear sound from other participants in Zoom
If you can’t hear other participants in a Zoom meeting, follow these steps to troubleshoot.
- Make sure your speakers are turned on. If you see the speaker icon in the upper left corner is disabled, tap it to turn on your speaker:
- Increase the volume on your mobile device using the volume buttons or the notification panel. Even if the speaker is turned on in Zoom, your device’s volume can be set to mute or vibrate only.
- Try using headphones if you have them.
- Restart your mobile device.
- Reinstall Zoom from Apple App Store or Google Play Store .
Participants can’t hear you in Zoom
If others can’t hear you in your Zoom meeting using the mobile app, follow these steps to troubleshoot:
- Make sure the microphone is not muted. If you see the icon Audio tunmute in the meeting controls, tap the icon to unmute yourself:
If you remain muted, the server may have muted you when joining the meeting. Request to be unmute by sending chat messages to the server.
- Make sure your mobile device’s audio is connected. If you see the icon Audio later in the meeting controls, tap the icon and select Call via Device Audio . If prompted, allow Zoom to access your microphone.
- Try using a headset with a microphone.
Make sure Zoom has access to your device’s microphone.
- iOS : Access Settings > Privacy > Microphone and toggle to Zoom.
- Android : Access Settings > Apps & notifications > App permissions > Microphone and toggle to zoom.
- Make sure that no other application is using the microphone at the same time.
- iOS : Double-tap the “Home” button to view the currently running applications. Swipe up to close an app.
- Android : Press the multi-tasking button (the square icon usually in the lower right corner) to see the currently running applications. Swipe left and right to close the app.
- Restart your iOS device.
- Reinstall Zoom from Apple App Store or Google Play
Follow on Google News feed