You can install Windows 10 UEFI standard with WinNT right on Mini Windows 10. With a Windows10.iso file and a USB Boot with DLC Boot built in.
Table of Contents
I – Backup and prepare before installation
– Step 1: Create USB Boot, copy Windows 10 installation to USB Boot:
+ A USB >= 8 GB of free space created Boot. If you do not have the DLC Boot file, you can download the DLC Boot here.
Download DLC Boot 2017/2019
|Download DLC Boot||DLC Boot download link||Explain|
|Boot version 2017||Download DLC Boot 2017 (2.27 GB)||Recommended because it’s compact and includes all utilities.|
|Boot version 2019||Download DLC Boot 2019 (3.1 GB)||For those who love to explore.|
+ One file Windows 10 ISO to copy to USB Boot. If you do not have the Windows 10 ISO file, you can download the latest Windows 10 here.
Use that USB Boot to boot into Mini Windows 10 if your computer can’t boot.
– Step 2: Back up all old Windows drive data, the default is C: drive, including Desktop, Documents, Downloads folders.
II – Convert MBR drive to GPT
On the Mini Windows 10 platform, start the Partition Wizard software to convert the drive to GPT and delete the old Windows drive.
– Step 1: Please delete the Windows installation drive and boot partitions, if any, first.
– Step 2: Convert the MBR drive to GPT and initialize the EFI partition.
– Step 3: Create an EFI partition, install Windows 10 partition by . Press the key combination and type CMD.
Explanation of DiskPart commands:
|1||diskpart||DiskPart is a disk partitioning tool that you can use Command Prompt in Windows|
|2||list disk||Show list of drives|
|3||select disk 0||Select the list of drives you want to manipulate|
|4||create partition efi size=200||Create EFI partition with size 200 MB|
|5||format quick fs=fat32 label=“EFI”||Quick format FAT32 partition with EFI . label|
|6||assign letter=M||Assign the partition you just created to the US drive|
|7||create partition primary||Create primary partition|
|8||format quick fs=NTFS label=”Windows”||Quick format NTFS partition with Windows label|
|9||assign letter=N||Assign the newly created partition as drive N|
III – Install Windows 10 with UEFI standard
– Step 1: First, open the USB Boot which contains the Windows10.iso file you copied earlier => Create a virtual drive to install Windows
– Step 2: Start WinNT and make the installation options as shown.
After WinNT completes the installation. Please restart the computer and update the parameters that Windows needs.
Note: It is mandatory in the BIOS that you must configure UEFI mode to boot!