LAMP is a software system for building a web server environment capable of storing and distributing dynamic web pages written in PHP.
- Linux: is the operating system, also the software used to coordinate and manage system resources.
- Apache: is a web server software that can make requests to the server via HTTP
- Mysql / Mariadb: is the database management system that helps store and retrieve data. Both of these two database management systems are quite similar (can learn more here).
- PHP: The programming language for the server operation scenario.
2. Proceed with the installation
2.1. Install linux
For the operating system installation, you can show it on many different distributions of linux such as Debian, Redhat, Ubuntu ... In this article, I use CentOS 7.
2.2. Install Apache
To install, on the terminal window type the command:
sudo yum -y install httpd
Finished installation, proceed to restart the service:
systemctl start httpd systemctl enable httpd
You can check the service's performance status by typing:
systemctl status httpd
You can also check the status in your browser by typing in the following address bar:
<địa chỉ ip server>
If you use the operating system on a virtual machine, you can turn off the firewall so that you can access it in the real machine's browser:
systemctl stop firewalld
Then, typing the virtual machine's ip address on the url bar will produce the same result.
2.3. Install database management system
Actually with LAMP, you can use either mysql or mariadb either, in this tutorial I will guide you with mariadb.
On the terminal window, install mariadb:
sudo yum -y install mariadb mariadb-server
Proceed to start the mariadb service:
systemctl start mariadb
Reset the password for the root of the database:
In this step we will set up some configuration as follows:
Enter currret password for root (enter for none):
This step requires you to enter a recent password for root. If you are installing for the first time, press Enter to skip.
Set root password? (Y/n)
If you install it for the first time, the system will ask if you want to set a password for root access. You type Y -> Enter, then enter the password and verify the password.
For newly installed mariadb machines for the first time, the system requires some additional settings as follows:
- Delete other users.
- Do not allow root to login remotely.
- Delete the databases test.
- Relaunch the Privilege table.
You just need to type Y for those requirements.
Once setup is complete, activate mariadb to boot with the system:
systemctl enable mariadb
2.3. Install php
The version available in repos of CentOS is 5.4. This version is quite old and will cause you some problems when installing wordpress. So you need to install 7x to fix it. You need to add the repository to Remi CentOS:
rpm -Uvh http://rpms.remirepo.net/enterprise/remi-release-7.rpm
Install yum-utils because we need the yum-config-manager utility to install:
yum -y install yum-utils
Install php. Here we need to note about the installed version as follows:
- Version 7.0:
yum-config-manager --enable remi-php70 yum -y install php php-opcache php-mysql
- Version 7.1:
yum-config-manager --enable remi-php71 yum -y install php php-opcache php-mysql
- Version 7.2:
yum-config-manager --enable remi-php72 yum -y install php php-opcache php-mysql
- Version 7.3:
yum-config-manager --enable remi-php73 yum -y install php php-opcache php-mysql
In this article, I installed version 7.2
After installation is complete, restart apache:
systemctl restart httpd
Proceed to check the results. We add the following file:
echo "<?php phpinfo();?>" > /var/www/html/info.php
Then restart apache:
systemctl restart httpd
In your browser, type in the following address bar:
<địa chỉ ip>/info.php
When this screen appears, you're done!Read more :
- Ultimate Member Followers Addon v2.1.9
- Công bố phần thưởng và chính sách Liên Quân Đoàn
- Tải Game Thuần sắc thiếu nữ - Toà thành giấc mơ
- Instructions to install WordPress by Linux command from A - Z vs any Cloud
- CEO Circle: The global pandemic is proving the foundation for stablecoins