How to create better SEO content for your website – We all want our online businesses to get noticed and need more than just building a good website. Nobody cares about your website if they can't find value in it. Value does not just mean value in the products or services you are trying to sell, we mean value in the content of your website. The value you are giving away for free. Citing one of the top players in online marketing, Gary Vaynerchuck Offers double the amount you get. There can be no more valuable advice in running a truly successful business admired by your customers.
Establishing a friendly and effective relationship with your target audience, several aspects need to be combined. These are mainly content creation, technical aspects, content promotion and a basic understanding of human behavior. So, to be successful, you must practice writing well, providing value, understanding what SEO-friendly content is, and understanding your target audience.
That is why, we have come up with this article. We will talk the most about SEO content, but we also have a lot to say about other factors. If you want to achieve all of that organic traffic, use at least a few of these tips consistently and reap better results.
SEO on page
Search engine optimization is the process of creating a website and its written content, in a way that search engines understand. The goal is simple, you want to help Google provide users with the highest quality and useful content. Billions of search queries are typed every day. People are looking for information a lot, according to their interests. You want to target those interests and stimulate them with some featured content. By understanding good SEO practices, audience and good writing practice, you can get high rankings on the search engine rankings page.
The first SEO practicing is practicing good SEO On-Page. It combines your keywords, images and alt text, post length, internal links, external links and many other factors that Google uses to understand what your website is about. A search engine robot will automatically crawl through your website, understand it and rank it accordingly.
The first step of writing articles is to find out the keywords. It is the process of understanding what they are looking for and what keywords they are using to do so. It is mostly done with SEO tools like Google Adwords Keyword Planner and MOZ's Keyword Explorer. Through these tools, you can understand how many people search for certain keywords and the amount of traffic they can generate for you. Of course, you cannot make accurate predictions.
After you find the keywords you will target, it's time to use them. The way you include keywords will feel completely natural when you read the content. It should combine with the rest of the text. You should follow a few simple rules when including keywords.
Don't cram your content with keywords. Google will notify you if you do too much and it will penalize your site. 3% keyword density is what many say works best, but some even reach 10%. You should not go further, and should keep the keyword density about 5%.
Use your keywords naturally everywhere. We will arrive where you must include your keywords a bit. But first, you must ensure that reading anything on your website will feel completely natural with your target keywords included.
Where to include your keywords?
- Your Page Title or Post (H1) – For each person and search engine, the title of the page is what they will read first. Include your focus keyword in the first 60 characters of the title. Also, it will work much better if you make the first three words.
- The first paragraph of the post – The first paragraph is where you state your content. That's why it's important for both readers and search engines to include your focus keyword in it.
- About 3% – 10% of your text.
- Your image title Alt-Texts – Your image title will show to readers, so make it interesting and use your keywords. The Alt-Text of the image will be read by a search engine robot, so be sure to include it there.
- Page meta description – The meta description of the page that appears in the search engine results. It is a very brief summary of what your article is about. It should include at least one or two keywords.
- Your post URL – It's logical and even more beneficial to have the post URL, also called a slug, have your keyword in it. Also, make sure it's pretty neat and doesn't contain any stop words. Stopped words are commonly used words that search engines will ignore, because they have no value. To ensure that your snail is valid throughout, do not use words like and, about or as any other stop word. Also, make sure your URLs are no longer than 59 characters.
Make sure your website is mobile friendly
Do not start a website if it is not mobile friendly. Mobile friendliness is a major ranking factor that should never be overlooked. That's because almost half of the organic traffic on the internet comes from mobile devices.
Make sure your page loads as quickly as possible
The e-commerce industry loses about $ 500 billion a year, because of the slow loading time. If customers have to wait more than 2 seconds to load the website, then they won't be afraid to click. So when you trust your great content, make sure it loads as quickly as possible.
See more: How to create a multilingual WordPress website
Working with keywords is a simple task compared to writing a piece of really engaging content. There are a few things you should understand and keep in mind. These will boost your work and help you create high quality content. However, we will only focus on written content and there are many more. Here we will share some of the best tips we can provide to create some really powerful content. Your main goal is to win the hearts of your readers, so read on.
Think and structure before you write
We don't have to show you why planning and thinking in advance is beneficial for your content. You can make this ether in your head or write it down on a piece of paper. But the framework you create this way, will provide a guide to your work and help you create a much higher quality piece of content. Provide answers to the following questions:
- What will be the goal of the article?
- Who are your readership for?
- What kind of unique value will you provide?
- What kind of questions will you answer and what problems will you solve?
- Who else is writing, competing on that same topic?
Also, by creating a well-structured piece of content with enough headlines (H2), the post will be much better to read and readers will be happy with the consumption of information.
Things make a good piece of content
The first and most important thing about writing good quality content is to write about what you know. It will make your work much easier and make your content much better. But other than that, these are the other aspects that make for a good piece of content. It must be:
- Clear structure
- Relevant, appropriate
People probably won't read through your entire post, because their attention span is very short. So, for that reason, write in a reverse pyramid style. This means putting the most relevant, important and influential information into the first paragraph of a document. And then the informational value of the text may slowly thin as you continue with your post. But no matter what style you write, always structure your content in an easy-to-scan way.
Also, write about things you are sure people care about. You can get a lot of valuable data from keyword research, but it also helps to search on social media, Reddit and other places where you think people might be looking for owners. The topic you want to write.
Write the appropriate length
A short text of 100 words, filled with valuable information. But it can hardly be called an article. A 500-word article is good for sharing information, but it lacks depth. So go with at least 800 or 1000 words. Your readers will like it more and Google will love it more if you go with about 2500 words per article. Because Google just likes long posts.
Change your content
Articles are not the only type of content you can produce. In fact, there are many different types of text and content types of SEO content. People like the change and content that they can easily consume and understand. In fact, many people prefer to consume visual information over written information. Here are a few popular content types:
- Website Articles – Creating SEO content on a regular basis, is the easiest with a website. You can create articles and you'll have time to attract backlinks much easier than you do with a product page or anything else.
- Tutorials – Because people love to learn stuff with thoughtful tutorials.
- Video – If there is any type of video content relevant to your topic, then you should definitely include it in your posts. People like videos up to 70% more than any other type of content, and having some content on your website will keep them there for longer.
- Infographics – Infographics are great long images that explain everything. They contain a lot of data and can visually explain the concept they are talking about. Here are a few good templates to get you started. You can also use a small tool called Infogram to create your infographics.
- Interactive content – Interactive content is like the development infographics. These are interactive images that will respond to user actions. They will display more information, have links embedded in them, display an animation among other things. You can do these with an application called Thinglink.
- Slideshows – Slideshows are a great way to show a series of images. They can be images from an event or anything else. And be careful to have lots of text on the same page, because search engines can't read images, only their titles and alt text.
Always correct your work
Make your writing look as professional as possible using multiple paragraphs and subheadings. Make sure most of your subheadings are up to 300 words, because Google prefers it. It also makes your writing more transparent.
Use strong titles and attention
Writing headlines that attract attention is an art, but it can be learned. Make readers want to act with the use of action words and emotional words. Luckily for you, there are also some great tools that can help you write great titles. One of them is, Website Title Analysis. You should also try using the Emotional Marketing Value Header. It will help you determine the emotional value of the title and create a much better one if needed.
Eliminate writing errors and readability tests
We do not have to explain why typos are harmful to your content. Even Google will pay attention to them, which is why you should use Grammarly, to eliminate them. This is a great application that will even warn you if you have very odd sentences.
Readability is also a ranking factor and it is also important for readers. So run your documents through the readability test when you're done writing them. You can test the readability quite well here, but there are many others online.
If you want to take things further, you can also search for commonly used phrases and cliches in your text. Cliché Finder is a great tool to help you with that. In addition, an application called Hemingway can help you write better structured texts.
Understand your audience
This is where your understanding of human behavior works. You want to know who you are writing to and why.
- How old are they?
- What do they do?
- What do they do in their free time?
- What kind of challenges do they face?
- What are their wishes?
- What questions do they have?
These questions are best answered when you set up fictional peopleas. Create a few fictional characters that you will target. Try to find out who they are and what you want. Once done, you will be able to give them.
Always keep track of your analysis
Once you have written your content, you cannot simply publish it and discard. You should always monitor your article and see how well it is doing. See how many people it brings to your site, how many people share it and how much time your readers spend on your site. There is a lot of data collected and you must keep track of it on Google Analytics and other software. The main goal of analyzing your page is to reevaluate your success and repeat the strategy you have used.
If more videos have more of your page traffic, keep using more videos. If a particular topic excites your audience more, then use it anyway. If you have a lot of traffic to it by putting keywords in the title, rather than doing it every time you write a new post. You should always find ways to learn from the process, set up what works and keep doing it.
See the length of the sentence. Because sentences longer than 20 words are harder to read and Google knows it too. In addition, to ensure that each sentence has maximum impact, write them in a positive voice whenever possible. It has a much stronger impact and will have a stronger emotional effect on the reader.
Finally, once you have a great website with great content, it's time to show it to as many people in as many places as possible. The best place to do that is social media.
Use Buffer to help you schedule your posts on social media and automate them. This way, you can regularly create multiple posts per day and ensure that your content is displayed to the maximum.
You also want to post links to your content on the website. Websites around the same topic, are great places to post your content. A small tool called Tiberr will help you with that. You can use it to find other websites on the internet that share something related to your topic. Tiberr will allow you to write in their comments and share a link to your content. What better way to engage people who are already interested in the topic you're writing?
See more: Create a free Website
Here's how we write good SEO content that will be enjoyed by people and search engines. If you use at least a few tips, especially those written in bold text, your site's SEO will be in a much better place.
We hope you enjoy reading this article, and we'll see you soon in upcoming articles! We have written other similar posts about SEO and content marketing, so be sure to check out those posts too!