Compare SEO Yoast SEO Plugin of Squirrly SEO Ultimate – When it comes to SEO plugins for WordPress, people often refer to Yoast SEO and All In One SEO plugins. However, the WordPress SEO Ultimate plugin is now available and Squirrly has been introduced as a viable alternative. Is this true and what is the difference between them?
Much depends on your requirements, the depth of SEO knowledge and the type of website you are managing. In this comparison, we will look at these properties, along with the differences between each of these three WordPress plugins.
Our approach to WordPress SEO Plugin comparison
There are several ways to make this type of comparison, the simplest is to list the features of each type. This is only accepted if you have experience and understand terms like .htaccess, what HTML validators mean. What most people want is a description of the pros and cons of this plugin, and what reviewers found when using them.
In fact, you can't give an accurate assessment of three SEO plugins unless you have actually tried them on your own website. On that basis, here is our view of each of these plugins for WordPress. We will start by comparing Yoast with WordPress SEO Ultimate, then learn how to compare the Squirrly plugin. First, where does this plugin come from?
- Yoast SEO plugin: This was devised by SEO expert Joost de Valk as the more comprehensive free alternative to the popular All in One SEO Package until that time.
- WordPress SEO Ultimate plugin: This is a free WordPress plugin developed by SEO Design Solutions. Basically, this is an upgrade of the All in One SEO plugin. Between them, this plugin and Yoast provide everything you really need to maximize your website for Google and other search engines.
Popular features of Yoast and SEO Ultimate
Each of these two SEO plugins provides some of the features needed to optimize efficiency. They are primarily connected to aspects of the website that are visible to search engines or robots. These features include:
- Optimize title tags: Both allow you to optimize your Title tags. This is not the title of the post on your website, but the tag displayed in the Header of the HTML for that post. The title tag is what Google publishes as the title of the list on search engine results pages (SERPs) .These plugins should also limit the title length to 512 pixels in standard Google fonts. for this 16 point Arial excerpt. In general, you will be notified if your title is too long, but you are checked to see if it fits Google's requirements here: Check Pixel Title (Note – this test page shows in New window).
- Meta description tag: Each tag also allows you to write meta description tags with a maximum length of exactly 156 characters for Google. If the number of characters is too long, you should reduce it to 156, including spaces.
- Robot Txt: Both plugins allow you to control whether a robot is tracking or not, and indexing or not indexing, related posts or pages.
However, there are functions available in Yoast SEO that are not available with the SEO Ultimate plugin and vice versa. Below is a list of these and our impressions of the importance of each plugin for most websiter.
Benefits of Yoast SEO Plugin
Yoast SEO plugin for WordPress provides the following benefits not available with WordPress SEO Ultimate plugin:
- Create XML sitemaps: Yoast allows you to create sitemaps with just one click. It provides you with a web address for your sitemap, which you can include in your Google Webmaster Tools account. This allows Google to easily access as many pages and posts on the website as possible. SEO Ultimate does not offer this, although you can use one of the free sitemap generation plugins for this function.
Edit .htaccess: Yoast gives you direct access to the .htaccess file so you can easily edit it with your own parameters. This is important for advanced WordPress users compared to beginners, but this utility is available whenever you need it. It saves you having to find this file in your website's file structure and then find the text editor to modify it.
- Breadcrumbs: Breadcrumbs is an important feature of Yoast, especially for people with complex website structures. This feature allows you to show readers their exact position in the structure of your website. If they have followed a few links, Breadcrumbs will leave a path where they can track back to their previous location without having to click on your Home page again and start over. SEO Ultimate does not provide this feature.
- Optimize time real: Yoast SEO provides traffic lights when you've saved a draft for your post. Green means your SEO is good. Red means it's poor, and has to change, while orange means you have one or two elements that still need some work.
It is also provided by Squirrly. This is extremely useful function, especially for the average websiter prefer writing websites rather than analyzing the effectiveness of their search engine optimization. It also gives you a Flesch Reading Ease review to check if your post is easy to read if your sentence is too rambling.
Keyword density: Although becoming an important factor in SEO with Google, keyword density can still affect your rankings. The Yoast plugin notifies you if you have too many or too few keywords in your post. Using a three-word keyword, on the test, 0.93% is not enough, but 1.16% has passed with a green light. This is an accurate testament to Google's approach to the use of keywords, which shows that Yoast is on track to relate to modern Google SEO. This is another Squirrly feature not available with SEO Ultimate.
Integrating social media: Yoast SEO plugin you are given your favorite Title and Description for your Facebook, Google+ pages, then submit your post to these pages. You are also allowed to state that images for either of these will override the default image on these social pages for that post.
See more: Build a professional responsive website
Benefits of SEO Ultimate
There are few benefits of using WordPress SEO Ultimate plugin that you don't get from Yoast. The interface may seem a little difficult to use at first, but once you get used to it, the interface is really easy to use. For example, you can apply noindex tags from a checklist, allowing you to decide which tags will appear on the page.
The main difference between these two types is that ‘Deepugg Juggernaut’ is designed to help you maximize the potential of your internal topology. This is only useful if you have a lot of content on your website, such as a long list of websites and a large number of posts.
DeepLink Juggernaut and Penguins: Deeplink Juggernaut can provide automatic links between posts and pages that focus on the specified keyword, thus maximizing relevance on the page. Just enter your keywords and Juggernaut creates the links.
You can create your link 'follow' or 'nofollow' on an individual basis. You can exclude certain pages from links, such as Contact pages and the maximum number of links to each page. You can also control the maximum number of times that a specified keyword can be used in anchor text. This is important because abuse with anchor text can be punished by Google's algorithm updates.
Summary: Which one is best?
Overall, Yoast seems to be easier to use as a simple addition to writing your website posts. SEO Ultimate displays fewer features on the screen, but divides everything into tabs. It also does not provide on-page reviews on the effectiveness of SEO. Many people find this an essential feature when they have used it with the Yoast SEO plugin.
Juggernaut feature of SEO Ultimate is a definite plus point for this plugin. However, be careful how you use it and make sure you avoid using too many anchor text using the same keyword – or even ad keywords like ‘Buy here’! Even so, it is very useful for algorithmic websiter.
Some websiter will like Yoast while others like SEO Ultimate. We think the people who like the following plugins will be the more experienced websiter. You can try both, but we'll come to it later – because we haven't seen it yet
Squirrly's SEO plugin.
This plugin is considered separate from the above two because it is not a replacement for them. Here is how Squirrly works:
It is free if you only write five posts / month – if not, you have to pay $ 29.99 / month for the Premium version. You enter keywords in the search box and Squirrly will make a selection of non-copyrighted images that you can use on your website. It will also list the posts on the website using the same keywords.
The software will analyze your text as you write and turn green when it is properly optimized. Once you've completed and published your post, Squirrly Performance Analysis gives you an indication of their performance on social media and their Google rankings. Squirrly will not override your current SEO settings. SEO Squirrly cannot be considered as an alternative to Yoast SEO or WordPress SEO Ultimate but you should use it to consider the features it offers. It will definitely help your website grow further and will also save your time in performing SEO tasks manually.
Squirrly will give you weekly SEO Audit, showing the performance of your content marketing strategy in general. Examples of reports include visitors to your website URL, social marketing signals, authority, etc.
There are people who do well when using Squirrly, but you have to be clear in mind what you are doing. You have to write SEO optimized content based on Squirrly's excellent keyword research tool and then use that content with the software's SEO analysis tools. Check out our Squirrly coupons for a 15% discount.
Conclusion: Yoast SEO vs. Squirrly and SEO Ultimate SEO
Each plugin has its pros and cons, but we like to use Yoast, and there are several reasons you shouldn't use SEO Ultimate. Squirrly's SEO plugin is another matter, we recommend you try it yourself, this is a very useful SEO tool.
Squirrly: Squirrly offers some great features, such as the keyword research function and how it gives you good graphic images that you can legally use. The SEO system used by Squirrly differs from the other two options, but there's no reason you shouldn't try it free for your first five posts.
Where others are interested, you might consider testing both or even both together. If you like the Deeplink Juggernaut feature of SEO Ultimate, you can simply enable this feature and use it with Yoast SEO.
The problem here could be the download speed. You do not want your website to load slowly due to these SEO plugins. Here's how to confirm each individual feature and the best features of each.
Testing Yoast SEO Plugin and WordPress SEO Ultimate together
- Delete all related plugins from your website.
- Visit the website that provides free speed tests (e.g. http://tools.pingdom.com/fpt/)
- Run a download speed test on your website URL without installing SEO plugins – perform 3-4 consistency tests.
- Install Yoast, activate it on your website and then run the test again.
- Delete Yoast from your website.
- Install SEO Ultimate and repeat.
- Install Yoast and run both along with all enabled functions.
- Now enable only the functions you want to use and repeat.
- Repeat that with Squirrly installed and activated if you also want to use it.
- Compare results.
This will give you a good idea of how these three WordPress SEO plugins affect the loading speed of your website. Download speed is a ranking factor with Google. Then you can decide if it's worth using the best features of two or three of these plugins instead of just focusing on one. Double-check the source of your post / page and check that meta tags are not added by both plugins.
If the download speed is larger than you want, make sure you have the W3 Total Cache plugin installed or similar. If not, install it and run the test again. Loading time should be reduced. It may be smart to install the W3 Total Cache plugin before you start testing.
See more: Create Website
Summary of comparison SEO plugin
Although Yoast seems to be the most comprehensive and easiest to use for the average websiter, the SEO Ultimate plugin also provides some useful features. Squirrly also seems to be useful, but try the free version before paying $ 29.99 / month.
Basically, most SEO plugins for WordPress provide the same basic functions. The difference between the Yoast SEO plugin, Squirrly's SEO plugin and the SEO Ultimate plugin lies in the additional features that each offers.