A method of fixing the relative position between the workpiece and the cutting tool is determined by positioning map of fixtures impact on the positioning of the details. The process is done for the whole range of workpiece. That method automatically achieve dimensions
Pros and cons of automated methods to reach the size
- + precision machining less dependent on the skill of the workers and not depend on the thickness of the smallest cut.
- + High yield, low cost.
- The number of workpiece in a series must be large enough (to reduce the cost of making changes to the fixtures, cutting tools and specialized equipment, as well as time to adjust machine etc.
- + Do not take advantage of some less accurate casts.
- + The knife worn by great influence on machining accuracy.
- See also: What is fixing Diagram