Since its inception as a digital marketing boom, marketers have kept a very careful eye on Google – the ruling tycoon.From research projects to technology giant, over the past two decades Google has consolidated itself as the dominant force in internet search. And while other candidates have created Google-like search engines like Bing, Yahoo, as of June 2018, Google owns 72.21% of all searches on desktops. And dominance continues if you look at mobile devices, with Google having a huge number of 90.20% of all searches.Of course, the dominance of the Google search market was not due to their market speed in the late 1990s, but rather to the dedication and investment of the company in developing the platform. And some of the latest evolutionary tweaks and new features will soon be released – or recently released.What are the changes and how will they affect your marketing plan? Here we break down the latest and greatest change updates from Google, what they mean for marketers, and how marketers can adapt.
Alert HTTPs in effect
Although we talked about this for a while, the warning popping up when unprotected HTTPS from Google Chrome appeared in July 2018. Instead of distributing non-HTTPS pages with just one icon, In the URL bar, Google now serves users with alerts and the popup window warns them that the site they are visiting does not use a secure connection. Update HttpsOf course, this change to site security is not new. In fact, in January 2016, Google announced that they had indexed HTTPS pages on pages using HTTP, signaling to marketers that your site's security would soon impact rankings. yours. Altering the algorithm in the past with new alerts in Google Chrome means leaving your site with unsafe HTTP connections could result in both direct and indirect traffic loss. as well as losing those hard-to-fight rankings. To ensure that your site is not affected by traffic or ranking, make sure you have upgraded to HTTPS. As an additional measure, check the Security Issues tool of Google Search Console to check for other potential security threats.Summary :
- New feature : Alerts and HTTPS popups appear online in Google Chrome.
- Meaning: Losing traffic and organic ranking if your site is not HTTPS.
- Steps to follow: Double check that your site is secure and upgrade to HTTPS if needed.
Fast page load speed
Over the past few years, Google has changed its algorithm to prioritize the user experience. Back in 2010, Google announced that desktop page rank was a ranking factor when bad load time resulted in a poor user experience. Their latest update, effective July 9, 2018, continues that trend as the algorithm will also take into account page speed on mobile devices.But what pages are affected and how will it affect you?According to Google, only the slowest sites will be affected. And to help you see if that includes you, they launched their PageSpeed Insights tool, where you can see your page load times on mobile and how you can improve. Improve your load time. Google PageSpeed InsightsWith this new change, you need to ensure that your page's page speed increases by entering your site's URL into the PageSpeed Insights tool. Then, download your free report to see what improvements you can make to your site.For example, the report may recommend optimizing or compressing your images to reduce the data consumption needed to load the page. Or, the report may suggest that you take advantage of the caching. If any suggestions are made, implement them as soon as possible to ensure that your mobile rankings are not affected.Summary :
- New feature: Google currently uses page-based mobile as a ranking factor for search on mobile devices.
- Meaning: If you're a mobile site with a slow load time, your rank may be affected.
- Steps to follow: Use the PageSpeed Insights tool from Google to test the page speed on your mobile device. Then, make the proposed changes that the tool suggests such as compressing the image, using less scripting, or utilizing buffers.
Remove Google Adwords
Yes, AdWords is gone. Instead, Google is consolidating all of its advertising products under one brand: Google Ads.Why change? Google says it reduces the complexity associated with digital advertising. They want to create simple products to help users advertise on their platform more easily. And they're renaming their preference to simplicity.Google ads do not want to repeat like Google Adwords. They have also announced new products, all of which focus on automation, including:
- Smart Campaigns
- Universal App Campaigns
- Goal-Optimized Shopping Campaigns
- Automated Bidding
- Dynamic Search Ads
Through automation, Google hopes to introduce products that reduce the complexity of advertising and instead create optimized ads with an easy user experience.When it comes to your own campaigns, sign in to the new Google Ads platform and discover their new products to take advantage of features like automation, smart …. If you feel more adventurous, try one of these new products to see if Google succeeds in creating easy-to-use ads to produce results that are difficult to achieve.Summary :
- New feature: Google AdWords is now Google Advertising and has more automated products.
- Meaning: Automation means less time spent creating, managing, and optimizing your ad campaigns.
- Steps to follow: Try one of the new Google Ads to see if automation algorithms and machine learning have succeeded in producing results.
Introduction: Smart Campaigns
Paid search ads are a complex activity chain. From advertising and copying to bidding and targeting, there are many moving parts that affect the effectiveness of your ads. Yes, Google wants to change that.To continue its commitment to digital advertising is simply mentioned above Google Ads is launching new creative type: Smart campaign. Smart campaigns are ads that automatically manage ads and deliver ads based on the products, services, and goals advertisers place. Through automation and machine learning. Smart campaigns show ads to the right audience using signals like behavior, location, device, and others.If you have used their paid advertising campaigns or are spending a lot of time on this, then this news is very useful for you. Automated ad campaigns with quick optimization means you can create Smart Campaigns, track your performance, and see how Google performs your optimization.And this new ad type works. Google's small business ad group leader, Kim Spalding, says that Smart Campaigns are three times more effective when reaching a target audience than an AdWords Express campaign.So, try Smart Campaigns. You can find more success with traditional Google Advertising products. And as always, think twice about your goals and your KPIs to determine if Smart Campaigns are working for your business. Moreover, we never recommend “set and forget”. You need to track and ensure that auto-suggestions are delivered in accordance with your product / service, industry, and audience.Summary:
- What's new: To simplify the ad, Google will launch a fully automated Smart Campaign.
- Meaning: Advertisers can reduce the amount of time they spend creating and optimizing their ads, and instead take advantage of automated ad campaigns.
- Steps to follow: If you are currently running any of your AdWords Express campaigns, consider Smart Campaigns instead. But keep in mind that you will need to track, not just put it and forget it, if you want to guarantee the best results.
There is more data to love
With EU's GDPR, Google and other software vendors have made changes to ensure their compliance. But more importantly, the GDPR has set new regulations on data retention, stating that companies can not store data longer than necessary.As a result, Google, Mixpanel, and other analytics tools have updated the amount of data tracked and saved on their platform. And a few months ago, Google updated their Data Retention Tools to 14 months, 26 months, 38 months and 50 months, and had no option to last more than 50 months. This was a big change when Google Analytics was tracking historical data for the entire history of the site.Fortunately, the latest announcement from Google is that the data increases rather than decreases.Previously, Google Search Console Search Analysis was only 90 days old. However, Google Data Studio (a very interesting and free Google dashboard builder), the Search Analytics API, and Google Search Console beta currently have 16 months of historical search analysis data. With more data to analyze, this update allows marketers to better track trends and historical patterns in their search rankings and performance.If you want to see your extended search analysis data, the update is currently available in Google Data Studio, the Search Analytics API, and the Search Performance Report on Google Search Console beta. Not sure how to access the beta? This article and how to use Google Data Studio is for you.Summary :
- What's new: Google will soon allow you to see search analysis data for 16 months.
- Meaning: This new update makes it easy to see trends and historical patterns in your search rankings, as there are more data to compare.
- Steps to follow: Start seeing 16 months of search analytics data by creating a report in Google Data Studio or logging in to Google Search Console beta.
Marketers need to keep up to date with new updates in Google to ensure that their content, ads, and website are being delivered efficiently.This latest update means that the marketer needs to make sure that their site is secure and loads fast on their mobile device. In addition, Google introduced new products and advertising data to help you get the most out of your digital advertising and search performance.The latest 5 Google update and its impact appeared first on Seo Plus. Read more :
- Tether lost in the class action, while USDT volume showed signs of decline
- The real volume of Bitcoin is booming, fueling cryptocurrency protests
- How To Check The Plugin For Compatibility Issues
- How to install the SEO Pack All In One Plugin configuration
- Bitcoin News Today (7/3): Waiting for signs of a breakout | Money Blog