4 social media marketing tactics for small businesses – Social media marketing is gradually gaining popularity with most businesses. Because it allows businesses to appeal to their customers, connect with them and reach a vast network in a short time.
Especially when it comes to small businesses with limited resources and limited time, social networks like Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and YouTube are the best places to promote and grow.
49% of all small businesses considered social media marketing to be effective, the data reported by Constant Contact.
With 82% of small businesses registered, Facebook leading the group is only followed by YouTube (73%), Twitter (47%).
With all that data, do you feel motivated to get started?
Admittedly, only 53% of all small businesses currently operate on social media. And many people think they have no resources, time, bandwidth, money or ideas. However this is really wrong thinking.
Social media marketing is not complicated, anyone can do it if they learn.
Develop a social media strategy
What is the easiest thing about social media?
This is how quickly you open an account and set it up.
Social media network is the place where people often visit every day to find out information, purchase, …. It is definitely a useful place where you can find more customers than anywhere. Targeting your audience also becomes more convenient when you launch a campaign on social media.
All you need is a strategy to influence and engage your target audience. That way, you can also find your business goals. For example, you have a small business doing quite well. Did you stop there? Or, you want to improve conversion rates? Better landing page? Increased traffic? Stronger brand value?
What is the purpose?
Defining purpose is very important from the start. In doing so, you also decide on your target audience and segment them. Small businesses should focus on narrowing and segmenting their audience instead of trying to appeal to different demographics.
When your side goal is set, you must select the appropriate channel to live stream. For example, Facebook is a great platform to connect people and engage them with content, infographics, etc.
Develop social media content
Content dominates the digital world. That is the voice, ideas, thoughts, approaches and everything you want to convey to your audience. You have to try to provide reliable content to engage them with your brand on social media, get more likes, get more comments, and keep growing. However, creating compelling content is still challenging.
Creating excessive content is what you don't want. Your audience will not like flattering posts. The idea is to create content that provides value and is useful to potential customers with you. Your social media content will solve their side problem. Make sure the content is written for your audience to evoke a positive response. Choose relevant keywords for your side business to grow organic search. Avoid poor and coherent content.
The other key is to maintain the content publishing schedule. Do not post random content. It has the ability to make your audience impatient, and worse, they may leave your site. Use content management tools to streamline the scheduling process and publish content only when needed.
You have the ability to select multiple sources to publish content such as websites, article directories, etc.
Communicate with the audience on social networks
Social media marketing is the only strategy you are allowed to connect directly with your audience. You have the ability to publish content, get feedback and reviews, respond to customers and keep them coming back to your business. In fact, social networking is the foundation to create a long-term relationship with customers.
Customers seek support all the time. You have the ability to answer frequently asked questions and basic customer queries to make your brand equity stronger. You also have the ability to set up a chatbot with you to get in touch. Today 53% of small businesses use social media to attract leads and provide conversations with two-way support.
Social media interactions will guide your business to influential individuals with important ideas and comments. Such people are influencers on social media who make content, posts, videos and images viral. Influencers will support you if you share content with them and ask for it in return.
However, when you take your business to social media, be open to criticism and complaint. If you think it will be all pink, prepare yourself. Negative feedback comes more often than positive. The main thing is to be calm in your approach, collect negative feedback and work on it. Don't take risks to protect your business because it has the potential to permanently damage your reputation.
Why should you choose social media for small businesses?
Small business owners are always looking for creative ways to reach their target audience. Social media marketing provides a wide range of engagement, leads and new customers.
Socialmediatoday reports that 86% of all social referrals are coming through Facebook, 11% via Pinterest and 3% via Twitter. It is a great opportunity to take advantage.
Small businesses have a better reach because they have the ability to easily connect with customers on their side. Customer interaction is the latest strategy for real growth. Social media also allows small businesses to create awareness, increase customer base and stay connected.
Glance at knowledge
- Small businesses are community driven: The complexity of small businesses makes them different from larger businesses. Moreover, such businesses are more personal and community based, helping them grow. Many small businesses are now engaged in communities that allow them to connect with customers and potential customers. They are able to answer queries and provide quick customer support. They also have the ability to handle the flow of comments from customers easily.
- Advertising is cost effective: Most social media channels allow posting ads for free. You have the ability to choose paid advertising options. You have the ability to set a budget and target audience before posting ads. Even paid advertising has the potential to offer huge opportunities for small businesses to target small localities. Moreover, you have the ability to update customers and followers of sales, discounts, promotions, new products and other information. You can also post photos.
- Personalized method: Because small businesses have limited budgets and investments, personalization is not a problem. Most people consider purchasing experience to be a deciding factor and small businesses are able to do it effectively. According to the survey, 53% of customers prefer shopping in small businesses because they prefer a personalized service approach.
Track social media performance
Any form of digital marketing is a business investment. When it comes to social media marketing, treat it as another form of investment with greater ROI expectations. However, to ensure your success, tracking your business performance is essential. Pay attention to important figures and make necessary adjustments. If you want to experience the best results, you have to be proactive.
Before jumping into performance tracking metrics, you have to know what to avoid. The social platform is fancy; You have to avoid the numbers and get nowhere. Moreover, these figures are not reliable, not related to the campaign side process.
Now, let's talk about the metric to consider, it's called a KPI or Key Performance Index. It includes various elements such as:
- Total conversions
- Bounce rate on website
- Time spent on page
- The ratio of profit to the customer
With this metric, you have the ability to track your business performance metrics, understand how to implement a strategy, provide the necessary information, and take appropriate steps to make changes. Most small businesses opt for manual, inaccurate tracking data. For a better option, you have the ability to choose from a range of software tools for accurate results. Some examples of software tools are Sprout Social, Hootsuite and BuzzSumo.
Social media marketing tactics for small businesses by 2020
80% of all small businesses understand the importance of social media marketing, according to Socialmediatoday. In addition, this small business marketer is also considering ways to increase the amount of time spent on social networks.
See more : How to create a multilingual WordPress website
If you're a small business owner, consider social media as a powerful marketing tool. It has the ability to help your business be multifaceted by creating awareness, increasing leads, boosting sales, building customer bases.
Strategy 1: Strategic planning
Strategy and planning are the two main factors when it comes to social media marketing for small businesses. Because all businesses and brands are now targeting social media networks to promote, the risk of failure is relatively high. In order to walk smoothly, you must have clarity in thinking, proper planning and appropriate strategies.
To build your presence on social media, make a plan. Regardless of the type of business or industry with you or your target audience, having a layout can help you overcome many challenges.
- Goal Setting: What do your businesses target from social media? That is your goal. Set your right goals for you. Make sure that your social media goals are perfectly aligned with your business goals.
- Check your party status: Whether you're a long-established business or a start-up business, your target audience is ready for you. At this stage, it's crucial to understand what potential customers and customers are connected to your business on the leading social media channel, how they see your brand. It will help you analyze your party position. Audits help you understand current trends, followers, the perfect platform for your customers. It will also help you understand where you are capable of improving and analyzing your competitors with their presence.
- Create a profile: After completing some work, your side business is ready to continue with your profile. After creating a profile, you have to try your best to build a presence with you. Most importantly, your side activities and posts should fit into your social media target audience’s interests.
- Performance test on competitor's side: There is a lot to learn and gather inspiration from your opponent. See what others are doing on social media, look around, and analyze their activity. Your competitors or businesses that directly praise your brand have the ability to help you better understand the content, ads and templates you should follow to get better feedback.
Strategy 2: Choose the perfect social media channel
Your choice of social media channel can directly affect your business. To make the most of your side marketing plan, make sure your brand is unique, relevant and accurate. Based on that, you have to choose social networks that adhere to your business goals. If you don't get it right, you end up spending a lot of money, resources and time on the platform that won't give you a favorable ROI.
Small business owners are often confused, or intimidated, because of the overwhelming social media channel. Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn and YouTube are dominating.
Today, the first choice for small businesses is Facebook. For some very obvious reason.
Facebook has more than 2 billion monthly users. As such, this is the largest digital marketplace, unparalleled with any other network. The platform is also beneficial for large and small businesses. Today, people search for services on Facebook, find related pages and try to connect. And, you have the ability to keep your target audience connected to your site on this platform.
Few surprising eye poppers for you:
- 47% of Facebook users are male and the remaining 53% are female
- 56% of Facebook users are older than 65
- The most active age group on Facebook is 25 to 34 years old
When you choose Facebook, you have the ability to stay connected with your customers and prospects with a third of the cost. With the latest live streaming features and other features, you can even reach customers with you in real time.
Instagram is the next best channel to consider social media marketing. With 51% of male users, Instagram is the most popular market in the US. Millennials between the ages of 18 and 29 are 55% of Instagrammer. This interesting photo sharing platform helps you connect with the real audience with you. Spread the word, share photos, create video posts, add stories and reach a much wider audience. Instagram is witnessing a slow and steady growth in social networks. More and more small businesses and brands are using Instagram to spread brand awareness and generate sales. If you have a compelling picture, share it on Instagram.
Instagram also has this unique story feature, you are allowed to post ads as a story. It is also the best way to record your brand drive and share it.
Tactic 3: Know your target audience
If you think you know your target audience, think carefully.
Social efforts on your side are likely to fail, because the mistake is that you don't target your audience. Your opponent is waiting to overtake you. Knowing your subjects, their strengths and weaknesses should be your goals.
The content you publish on social media is insight from the side of you. It also shows how you know your target market. If your content does not provide value or benefit to your audience, they will ignore you. As a result, you will not get many followers, shares, likes, comments you are expecting.
Understanding your potential audience will make it easier for you to connect and engage with them.
How would you do this?
- Research: Research on your partner to get a realistic idea of their side. Learn more about the details that matter to them, interact with them, understand their habits, do they buy from you often? You have to ask questions and research thoroughly to know your target audience. Only when you know them will you be able to connect them on top social media platforms. While some customers will have much in common, others are likely to be different. You must analyze the differences for clarity.
- Correct segmentation: Different customers will have different requirements. Segment them according to their interests and create multiple categories for precise targeting. List of customers who are sharing the same goals, facing the same problem, looking for similar solutions, …. Create separate groups and assign personalities to each category. For example, you have a local SEO company. Your target audience should be those looking for local SEO services. Now, some of your clients are likely to want to run PPC campaigns for SEO while others prefer to build links or content marketing. But, their purpose is SEO. This is why you should create different categories for the same service to provide the target solution.
Tactic 4: Social media marketing, advertising and promotions
Social media is not only a tool to create your brand and create awareness but also to introduce. Take advantage of social media to promote your products and services properly. It is definitely capable of bringing huge sales volumes to the business.
Quảng cáo trên mạng truyền thông xã hội thậm chí không phải gửi ảnh, tweet hoặc đăng trên Instagram. Bạn cũng có khả năng tạo chiến lược có kế hoạch và nhắm mục tiêu để đảm bảo kết quả đầy hứa hẹn. Cách tốt nhất để đạt được điều này là bằng cách cân bằng giữa giá trị và khuyến mãi. Nội dung mạng truyền thông xã hội bên bạn nên thêm giá trị cho khách hàng và quảng bá sản phẩm bên bạn cùng lúc.
Đây là ví dụ: Với mỗi tin nhắn hoặc tweet, hãy thêm giá trị cho khách hàng bên bạn. Nếu bạn đang đăng bảy ngày tuần, hãy đăng tweet có giá trị trong bốn ngày và tweet quảng cáo trong ba ngày. Bằng cách này, bạn có khả năng tăng cơ sở khách hàng và tiếp tục phát triển. Hãy nhớ rằng, bạn không nên thêm quá nhiều khuyến mãi mọi lúc.
Tương tự, bạn cũng nên đặt mục tiêu tận dụng loại bài viết phù hợp để quảng bá thương hiệu bên mình trên mạng xã hội đã chọn. Không phải toàn bộ website truyền thông xã hội đều giống nhau về trải nghiệm và nội dung bên người dùng. Bạn nên đặt mục tiêu tạo nội dung cụ thể cho nền tảng truyền thông xã hội ưa thích bên bạn tuân thủ chủ đề bên mạng cụ thể đó.
Xem thêm : Cách Tạo Website
Trong thời đại ngày nay, doanh nghiệp nhỏ chỉ phát triển mạnh khi họ có sự hiện diện truyền thông xã hội. Cách duy nhất để duy trì sự liên quan và tận dụng mạng xã hội là ở đây.
Tuy nhiên, chỉ cần có hồ sơ xã hội là không đủ. Nếu bạn muốn tối đa hóa ROI bên mình, bạn phải tập trung vào chiến lược tiếp thị truyền thông xã hội thành thạo. Sau đây là vài bước quan trọng:
- Bạn bắt đầu bằng cách tạo hồ sơ doanh nghiệp bên mình ở nhiều nền tảng nơi bạn có khả năng tìm thấy đối tượng mục tiêu bên mình.
- Bạn phải đăng nội dung liên quan tích cực để đảm bảo bạn đang hoạt động. Bài viết bên bạn nên thiết lập mục tiêu tiếp thị bên bạn.
- Hồ sơ bên bạn nên thêm giá trị cho cuộc sống bên khách hàng bên bạn và hấp dẫn họ. Tạo chiến dịch để có được lượng lớn người theo dõi.
- Để đạt được số lượng người dùng, hãy chọn người có ảnh hưởng xã hội để quảng bá doanh nghiệp.
- Bao gồm nội dung do người dùng tạo và thêm chương trình phát sóng trực tiếp vào hồ sơ bên bạn để tương tác tốt hơn.
Rõ ràng là có rất nhiều thứ làm bạn cảm thấy choáng ngợp khi bạn bắt đầu, đặc biệt là đối với doanh nghiệp nhỏ. May mắn thay, có rất nhiều tài nguyên trực tuyến và công cụ phần mềm tự động để hỗ trợ bạn.