In search of the best WordPress radio broadcast plugins? If yes, then you’ve landed at the right place.
Radio stations serve the purpose of providing music and programs to the audience. A big problem that radio site owners face is to run the radio stations without obstacles or interruption.
But the good news is, WordPress offers tons of plugins that you can use to enhance your radio streaming experience. However, it might be time-consuming to pick the ideal one that suits your needs.
Keeping that in mind, we’ve shortlisted some of the best radio streaming WordPress plugins for you. Let’s get started!
Table of Contents
Why Use WordPress Radio Broadcasting Plugins?
For creating your own radio station, you need radio broadcasting plugins. In other words, these plugins create a full radio streaming platform in your WordPress site.
To put it simply, online radio refers to listening to the radio with the use of the internet. With it, the listeners can stream the audio they want to hear, live from the server. The key is, it allows you to listen to hundreds of radio stations from all over the globe.
You might’ve used a regular radio station, it’s just like that. All the difference here is, the audience will use a website player to listen to the audio. To grasp the idea even better, you can check out InternetRadio.com.
It offers music from over 20000 radio stations. You can tune in to these radio stations and listen to the music as per the genres.
Are you looking to create a site like this one? If yes, then it’s possible with the help of the radio broadcast plugins.
All right then, let’s check out these plugins in action!
10 Best WordPress Radio Broadcast Plugins
This list consists of both the free and paid plugins so, you can grab the one that aligns with your budget. To let you know we’ve picked them by looking at their active installations, ratings, and updates.
AudioIgniter Music Player is the most powerful and flexible music player plugin of WordPress. It comes up with all the essential features you require to display your music, podcasts, and radio streams. Also, the plugin integrates with WooCommerce, this way you can sell individual tracks easily.
The plugin allows you to create music playlists and add them to your posts, pages, or custom post types. The cool thing is, it also offers you the ability to stop tracks once they’re played. Plus, it supports services like Acast, Anchor, Castbox, Radiojar, and many more.
- With it, you can create unlimited playlists and tracks.
- You can set individual covers for every single track and showcase a track listing.
- The plugin offers you the option to show/hide a playlist.
- It provides a full and simple player mode that is useful for podcasts.
- Comes with a responsive layout, making the site look good on all the devices.
This plugin comes up in both the free and paid versions. Pro version is available at different price ranges:
- Single Theme or Plugin: $49/year, 1 year of premium support and updates, unlimited site license, lifetime usage.
- Standard Club: $69/year, 1 year of premium support and updates, unlimited site license, lifetime usage.
- Developer Club: $79/year, 1 year of premium support and updates, unlimited site license, lifetime usage.
- Lifetime Club: $249, Lifetime of premium support and updates, unlimited site license, lifetime usage.
MP3 Audio Player is a simple audio player for WordPress that’s suitable for music, beatmakers, podcasters, and radio streaming. There are different methods of using this audio player. For displaying the audio player on your site, Elementor users can simply add the MP3 Player Elementor widget.
Gutenberg users can include an MP3 player block in the Gutenberg block editor. Or, you can use the shortcode as well. And the best part is there is no requirement for XML, JSON, or FTP to use this audio player.
- Allows you to import podcasts from all the popular podcast distributors with ease.
- With it, you can create infinite audio albums and playlists.
- You can add social icons, call-to-action buttons to your tracks and albums.
- Comes with multiple colors for your MP3 widget.
- Also, you can upload unlimited MP3 and M4A files.
MP3 Audio Player is a freemium (available on both the free and paid versions) plugin. You can download the free version from the WordPress.org plugin’s directory. Premium version comes in various pricing plans:
- 1 Website Only: $49, 1 site license, 1 year of support and updates, lifetime usage.
- 1 Website Only + WooCommerce: $99, 1 site license, 1 year of support and updates, lifetime usage.
- Unlimited Websites + WooCommerce: $124, Unlimited websites, 1 year of support and updates, lifetime usage.
- Lifetime Membership + WooCommerce: $225, Unlimited websites, lifetime of support and updates, lifetime usage.
Radio Station is an excellent plugin to create and handle a show schedule for radio shows. It features a powerful show scheduling system that lets you schedule your weekly show program. You can display your show schedule in either a grid table view or a tabbed list view.
Most importantly, each of these views is responsive, allowing you to scroll easily on the mobile device as well. Furthermore, it has a show page layout that consists of a featured image, show avatar, show times, and show description.
- The plugin offers you widgets such as current show, upcoming show, current playlist, radio clock, and streaming player.
- You can also upload images to your shows.
- Includes producer and show editor roles to enhance the show management.
- Able to post playlists to shows including song titles, artists, albums, etc.
- Has an admin settings page, from where you can handle all the station activities.
The core plugin is free of cost. You can even upgrade to the Radio Station Pro that comes in different pricing plans. Thereby, you can choose the one that fits your budget.
- Monthly: $19/month, all free and pro features, premium plugin support, 7-day free trial.
- Annual: $199/year, all free and pro features, premium plugin support, 7-day free trial.
Meks Audio Player was at first created as a support for the Megaphone WordPress theme. But today, it can be used on any WordPress site. It’s ideal for personal podcasts, podcasting networks, radio stations, and music websites.
What this plugin does is, recognizes the audio inside the content. And it plays it in a full-featured sticky audio player. To sum up, you can easily boost your podcast, music, or any audio on the site with this plugin. Also, combining this plugin with the Megaphone WordPress theme gives you more styling options.
- With it, you can fully customize the player controls in the way you like.
- It automatically detects the existing audio inside the content, no setup is needed.
- Offers you multiple color options to style the audio player as per your wish.
- Supports WordPress audio blocks as well as an audio shortcode.
- Works well on posts, pages, and other custom post types on the site.
Meks Audio Player is free and you can simply download it from the WordPress.org plugin’s directory.
5. WP Radio
WP Radio is a popular radio station directory plugin for WordPress. With it, you can add and play over 50000+ online radio stations from all the countries over the globe. After installing and activating the plugin, a new station listing page will be created.
On that page, you’ll see all the list of the radio stations. From there, you’ve to add or import any radio station. In the free version, you can import up to 20 countries from an altogether list of 150 countries. You can even import the radio stations from a CSV file, however, it’s a premium feature.
- You can play radio stations in any place with the help of the shortcode.
- Includes the Volume Controller, which allows you to increase and decrease the volume easily.
- User IP-based station listing, meaning visitors will first see their country’s stations on the listing page.
- Visitors can search and filter stations as per country, genre, and station’s name.
- Has multiple addons to power up your radio station even more.
The core plugin is free. You can also buy its premium version from its official website. Basically, there are 2 purchase plans. So, choose the one that’s appropriate for you.
- Annually: $59.99/year for a single site license. For 5 sites, it’s $129.99/year and 1000 sites will cost you $229.99/year.
- Lifetime: $129.99 for a single site license. For 5 sites, it’s $229.99 and 1000 sites will cost you $499.99.
Luna Web Radio Player is a highly customizable and responsive HTML5 radio stream plugin. It’s compatible with shoutcast2, icecast2, radionomy, radiojar, radio.co, and other servers. With these platforms, you can host the stream.
And the plugin will offer an audio player for running live audio broadcasts from your site. Interestingly, you can even play more than one stream on a single page. Unlike other plugins, it comes with audio visualizer effects that will take your radio station to another level.
- Comes with 2 different user interfaces for both the small and big layouts.
- The plugin is compatible with both the Android and IOS operating systems.
- Multiple animations and colors to design the audio player in your preferred way.
- With it, you can play MPEG-audio and AAC-audio radio streams.
- Other notable features include a draggable volume slider, mute option, unlimited fonts, etc.
The plugin comes up at the price tag of $29 from the CodeCanyon marketplace.
Radio Player Shoutcast & Icecast is the only WordPress plugin you require to run your radio station without any hindrance. As the name suggests, the plugin seamlessly works with Shoutcast and Icecast radio streaming.
The plugin’s integration will allow the broadcasts to play live on your WordPress site through the audio player. It’s a very simple system you just have to add the radio stream. And the player will itself capture the radio name, categories, current song, and artist photo.
- The plugin can stream in both the AAC (Advanced Audio Coding) and MP3 formats.
- You can do the playlist search with this plugin.
- With it, you can share the radio player on social media to reach a mass audience.
- You can manually assign the radio as well as categories name.
- It allows you to add multiple radio players on your site, or even on the same page.
Radio Player Shoutcast & Icecast is a premium plugin thereby you’ll have to buy it. It’s available on the CodeCanyon marketplace on the regular license of $20.
Hero is created by the same developers of the Radio Player Shoutcast & Icecast plugin. And it’s quite similar to it, however, there are some differences as well. Here, you’ll have an additional parameter to insert the radio player in the sticky version.
Another thing that fascinated us, is the show history. This way, even you’re off the screen, site visitors can listen to the audio plays and keep them occupied. Besides that, it’s lightweight, the JS file has no more than 30KB of resources.
- It comes up in 2 available skins, black and white.
- Multiple color options to design the audio player in your way.
- Supports Shoutcast and Icecast radio streaming.
- The player will display the artist’s image when the music is playing.
- You can share your radio player on Facebook and Twitter for more online following.
Being a premium plugin, it will cost you $20 from the CodeCanyon marketplace.
9. Radio Player
Radio Player is a simple and easy-to-use web radio player of WordPress. It allows you to add multiple radio stations by entering station title, stream URL, and thumbnail. Similarly, users can also play the stations with the help of the next/previous buttons.
Moreover, you can customize the player attributes like width, border radius, volume control, background color, etc. Apart from that, it features multiple skins, so you can choose your likable radio player design. You can check the demo of the player to see how it looks from the plugin’s official site.
- Includes a full-width sticky player which allows you to play radio stations on the whole page.
- You can view the play statistics, how many times a user has played the radio player.
- A popup radio player is available, by which you can play the radio in a separate popup window.
- The radio player supports the .m3u8 file extension as well.
- With the help of the shortcode, you can showcase and play the radio player from anywhere.
You can get the free version from the WordPress.org plugin’s directory. Similarly, it also has a premium version. And it has 2 purchase plans:
- Annually: $39.99/year for a single site license. $99.99/year for 5 sites license. And $199.99/year for 100 sites license.
- Lifetime: $89.99 for a single site license. $199.99 for 5 sites license. And $249.99 for 100 sites license.
10. Quran Radio
Quran Radio plugin is targeted towards the Muslim population. If your radio site aims for that specific category of the audience then, it’s ideal for you. The plugin lets you add a widget that plays an online radio station.
And that online radio station translates the meaning of the Quran in 40+ languages. Quran Radio is developed by EDC (e-Da`wah Committee), and it has plenty of useful features such as:
- It’s flexible enough to play 1 out of 40 various translations of the Quran.
- You can add the player to either the post or widget.
- The plugin works 24/7.
- You’ve full control over the display of the player.
The plugin has only the free version. And you can simply download it from the WordPress.org plugin’s directory.
How to Embed a Radio Station on your WordPress Site?
Here, in this section, we’ll be showing you how to integrate a radio station on your WordPress website. For this process, we’ll be using a plugin from our list, AudioIgniter Music Player.
This will be a step-by-step guide, so follow along with us as we show you how to do it.
Step 1: Installing the Plugin
Now, the first thing you have to do is to log in to your WordPress site. That gives you access to your WordPress dashboard. And from there you’ve to install the plugin.
Once you reach there, navigate to Plugins>Add New.
After that, you’ll be redirected to another page. From there search for AudioIgniter Music Player, the moment it appears click on the ‘Install’ button.
Once the plugin gets installed, you’ve to click on the ‘Activate’ button. And that will activate the plugin on your WordPress website.
Step 2: Adding New Playlist
After successfully activating the plugin you’ll see a new ‘Playlists’ menu appear on the dashboard section.
Now, go to Playlists > Add New Playlist.
From there, you’ve to enter all the details of the playlist. First of all, add the title of your playlist.
Next, upload your mp3 track by clicking on the ‘Upload’ button. Then, you can select the file from your local computer.
Now, you’ve to add a new track, to do that click on the ‘Add track’ button.
And then upload another track by simply following the same above-mentioned method, i.e. clicking the Upload button again.
Once you do that, simply click on the Publish button.
And then further down the page, you’ll see a shortcode section. From there, copy the shortcode.
Step 3: Creating a New Page
Let’s continue from where we left. After copying the shortcode, head into Pages > Add New.
With that, you’ll be redirected to another page. Now, let’s add the page details.
Firstly, add the page title and paste the AudioIgniter shortcode there.
Afterward, click on the Publish button there.
Once you do that, a permalink will appear. From there, you’ve to click on the View Page button and a new tab will open up.
There, you can see the preview of the audio player with the tracks that you’ve inserted.
See, the job wasn’t that hard at all!
And that’s a wrap! So, in this article, we’ve covered the 10 best WordPress radio broadcast plugins in 2021. We hope you liked it!
After installing these plugins, you can add a radio player to your WordPress site. And most importantly, not in hours but minutes.
The real deal now is which one you should go after among these plugins?
Let’s break this ice of confusion for you! MP3 Audio Player is a well-reputed plugin if you’re looking for a free option. It gives you so much flexibility when it comes to showcasing the audio player on your site.
If you’re looking for something more advanced, then the Luna Web Radio Player is the one that’s worth going after!
Check out our article on the best WordPress Gantt chart plugins. Also, you might be interested in the best job board WordPress themes.
Still, do you’ve any questions? Then leave a comment below.